I always get a little nervous when I see a “Service not found” on my development machine instead of the desired website.
Most of the time it can be resolved by doing:
- an iisreset,
- checking Application Pool credentials
- Application pool recycle
- making sure the Application pool is started
- checking the eventlog
or any combination of the above.
But today it turned out to be “Url reservation”. I probably changed my IIS7 settings a few months back when I was reading a book about WCF.
I finally found that the command “netsh http delete urlacl” did solve my issue and I got my website (on port 80800) working again.